Sunday, September 27, 2009

Long Distance Daddy-ing


I am very grateful for my wife's blog. First, it is extremely well written and I just love reading it. Second, on days when I am traveling it becomes a great way for me to keep up with Micah and what is going on at home. The nice thing is I get to see all of the day's highlights. The not-so-nice thing is I should have been part of a number of them. But, that is just how it works sometimes.

So, I miss some of the week day happenings. But it makes for a nice excuse to take Saturdays nice and slow. This week I hung out with the kids watching Saturday morning cartoons, played with Peter and held Eliza a lot, and finally got myself out to mow the lawn late in the afternoon before making pancakes and eggs for dinner and watching a Scooby Doo movie before bed.

So here are a sample of my favorite photos from Micah's recent posts. I have enjoyed these immensely and they have made me smile when I can't always hug the kids good night.

Photos:
Peter waking up from a nap (and not so happy about it)
Eliza showing off those beautiful blue eyes
Abby loves
Benjamin looking way too old
Connett doing what he loves.
Gideon looking very Gideon-like







3 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Love the Gideon pose!

meredith said...

it looks to me like connett is reading a catalog. i know he loves reading so I'm wondering what he is really reading or does he now love shopping as well????

BTW we missed you at football.

Steve said...

He was reading some new science magazine from school. The back page looks like some type of clothing ad, but it actually was something science-y from the magazine.