Saturday, February 21, 2009

Get Fit Update

Barbados was not good for my weight loss goals.  Although very active on the trip, the all inclusive food and drink (lots of calories in virgin strawberry daquiries and pina coladas) was worth not worrying about the weight.  I did do a swim workout three of the days we were there.  It is A LOT more fun to work out in the ocean than in a pool.  A few reef fish kept swimming around me, and one evening I was even watching the sun set as I was doing laps.  That was nice.

Since getting back from Barbados, work has gone from crazy busy to insanely busy, so I have only been able to work out a couple of days each week.  I keep watching what I eat, but I have been traveling a lot and that makes it hard to count and control calories - you can only eat a restuarant salad so many times a day before you cave in for the baby back ribs.  

So, all in all I am down 10ish pounds and holding.  My goal is to drop 20 by my birthday and keep it off through my next birthday. 

1 comment:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

You'll make it - just don't quit.