Sunday, February 1, 2009

Trying to Relax










On this trip to Barbados, I wanted to make sure I made time to relax and read a book by the pool or on the beach. However, it never felt relaxing to do so. The water front here at the hotel has complimentary snorkeling, sailing, kayaking, and water skiing. So, I spent most of my time doing all of that.
The stupid thing is I kept telling myself I needed to take time and relax and read. As if somehow spending the time sailing the little 1-person Sunfish or waterskiing with a bunch of the other guys on the trip was hard work. Pretty silly.

In the end, I found a little time here and there to finally "relax" and read a book on the balcony while watching the sunset.

It has been a tough week of water sports and beach play, but somehow I have made it through...
Pictures: Me waterskiing and sailing (all taken by Micah on the beach, but I promise they really are me) and Micah "relaxing" and reading on the beach.












1 comment:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Wow what fun and the water is beautiful. I can tell it is you by the red trunks. Those little sailing boats are so much fun! I still remember when you (age 12) and I went out on that two man sailing boat at the Boy Scout International Encampment at Camp Manypoint - what a great time!