Sunday, August 23, 2009

If this is spoiled...


#1. During a dinner conversation where I suggested a certain topic was somewhat philosophical (a dangerous word to use when married to a bachelored philosopher), Micah proceeded to very quickly and succinctly tell me why I was wrong. While taking a breath before continuing her refutation, Abby jumped in and with a smile said "Everything you ever say is wonderful Dad!" while beaming those beautiful blue eyes at me.

#2. When I came downstairs to leave for church this morning, I saw Abby getting herself some breakfast. I said "good morning gorgeous, did you sleep well?" Abby responded "I had a wonderful dream dad. It was you and me playing together forever!" Again, with the beaming beautiful blues.

I have been warned and often worry that my doting affections on Abigail will result in me "spoiling the child." If this is spoiled, sign me up...


6 comments:

Heather said...

That is the cutest thing ever! I hope it is the same way with Randy and Lily. so sweet.

Dawn said...

She did volunteer in primary that she had a hero, and when asked who it was said, "my dad!"

Who is being spoiled here? Abby or Daddy?

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

If she is being spoiled spoil away, what devotion. I wonder what Daddy will do when she is 16 though

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

It just proves the teachings that praise is the best way to go!

Haylee said...

This is a very sweet post.

Steve said...

I have no worries about Abby turning 16. She has already promised that Daddy gets to pick all of her dates and her husband in the end. Now I just need her to sign the document and get it notarized...