I sent Connett and Benjamin off after a lecture about the buddy system and then played in the shallow end with Peter while Abby and Gideon swam around us. Peter hated the water at first when I just got in holding him. After much screaming and yelling, I finally put him down in the shallowest part where he could walk with the water just up to his chest. And he loved it! I think we have some control issues coming with this one. As long as I bounced him and walked with him and did what he said, he had a great time and never wanted to leave. It was only his purple lips that made me finally force him to go home.
Then we came home for dinner and a movie (Scobby Doo and the Curse of the Mummy or something like that) and now they are all up in their bedrooms (8:16 PM).
I would say I am doing an awesome job, except there are clothes thrown everywhere through out the house, toys all over the place, laundry already piling up even though Micah left it almost perfect, and who knows all what else that needs to be done but isn't, as well as kids in their bedrooms but definitely not in their beds... Ah well, its my birthday, so I'll call it good and call it a day.
2 comments:
I wouldn't worry about the house - have fun with the kids. You don't get too many opportunities like this. I would worry about the house and try to keep things up and when Mom got home she would always say what a mess I left things in. Enjoy the time together.
years from now (and depending on your wife, it could take many years....) the mess you left b/c you didn't know what needed to be done/didn't get around to it will but part of your great memories of this time together, and the kids will remember all the fun stuff you did with them. Just enjoy it as much as you can. And, as a bystander, it's so much fun to hear about. That may be a huge character flaw I have but I love hearing about the messes other pieces kids make/get into.
Post a Comment