Sunday, August 2, 2009

Street Cred

Connett and Benjamin have really gotten into Monopoly lately. They have been playing a couple of times a week.

So, today I finally got a chance to sit down and play with the boys. Connett is the reigning champion, and after the first hour I thought he would hold on to his title. However, the tide turned and I starting rolling well. Benjamin was first to fall when he hit one of my hotels. Connett lasted another 30 minutes or so, but the dice were not kind to him and he landed on almost every one of my hotels while I skipped over most of his properties.

When it was all over, Benjamin made me count out all the cash and value of all assets so he could write it down and tell his friends. Apparently I doubled their previously highest record.

So I am now the Monopoly king in the house and the boys have a new respect for me. That is one of the benefits of growing up playing cut-throat Monopoly in the Bremner home.

4 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Glad to see you posting fun things again. Good luck but then again it is only until Tuesday.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

I loved being appreciated when Dad would get back from traveling be sure to tell Micah when she comes back how badly you missed her~!! Mom

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

opps! put that one in the wrong place. I remember fondly our hours of playing Monopoly. When ever Lisa would start to lose she would call buttons to her and he would walk across the board and take everything with him because of his long fur.

H. Wimmer said...

Ah yes the grand days of playing Monopoly. I try to explain to Doug how serous the Bremners are about Monopoly and he just thinks we are crazy.
I miss playing Monopoly with the family. We will have to have a Monopoly Match over the 4th of July Next Year...