Monday, May 4, 2009

The Votes Are In . . . The Countdown Begins

We asked the children when they think the baby will be born and a name suggestion. Today is the first day of the predictions so I thought I would post what they are. We've decided that there should be a prize for the one who's the closest. However, we're having a hard time coming up with a prize that would be equally exciting to everyone. Anyway, here are the votes . . .

Peter says May 4th (today--it's also my grandmother and one nephew and one "niece"'s birthday today)

Dad says May 6th

Mom says May 7th

Connett says May 10th, with the name suggestions Jennifer or Jenna (and back up boy name of "Daniel")

Benjamin says May 15th, with the name suggestions Rosetta Eve (and call her "Rosie"--that was actually what he wanted to name her until we looked up what each name means and apparently in addition to the flower, "Rose" also means "horse" in Hebrew. So, he lengthened her name to "Rosetta". He now only refers to her as "Rosie")

Abigail says May 19th (which is her actual due date) with the name suggestion Sweetie Pie Men

Gideon says May 20th with the name suggestion Eve (this was his suggestion first and then Benjamin co-opted it for his middle name) and the back-up boy suggestion of Lincoln.

Also, Amanda was over and added her date to the list as May 9th. You're all welcome to add yours to the comments. For reference, all of my children (with the exception of Benjamin who's a bit of a statistical outlier) would have been born between May 5th and May 9th--if that helps.

P.S.--All the pictures (except the one of me) were taken on Saturday at the Nature Center--it was such a nice day. As I am typically happily behind the camera I don't have so many of me to choose from.

7 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Amelia Jane on May 7

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Forgot the back up boys name - Gardner

Heather said...

So fun! My guess is May 10 and you should name her Alana.
Why would I give you a boys name? Alexis and if it IS a boy you could call him Alex.

Micah said...

Heather, on my side of the family we already have an Alaina. So, wanna throw out another one?

meredith said...

I'll go with Ainsley Anne Bremner b/c I really like the way it sounds. My back up boy name is Matthew Nicholaus. I'm sure if you use Matthew for your backup you will NOT have a boy as that was our name choice for all three of my pregnancies. Also, I suggest as a 2nd name Lily, because I think it's beautiful and it would be fun when the cousins get together. My guess of a due date is May 11th

Heather said...

ok, uh.... my new vote is Rachel.

tyler says you should name her Lily

And Jake is screaming "Shoot gun" so I guess that is his vote

Paige said...

I think Paige Noel is the most beautiful name, but since not many of us can pull that name off, I really like Cadence Noelle, compliments of Lynsie. 19th!