Tuesday, January 13, 2009

13 Days





Until we leave for Barbados.  It is an award trip from work.  We got our itinerary and program in the mail today.  I am very excited.  Heck, Micah and I are so excited to spend time together without the children we are just looking forward to sitting in the airport together.  A big thanks to Micah's parents Bobby and Linda for coming up to freezing cold Minnesota to take care of the children while we are gone.  Just a note for Linda - it is -16 and snowing today, but I am sure our annual January thaw is on the way for you guys...   

We are staying at the hotel they shot James Bond Casino Royale at so I will be on the look out for high stakes gambling weapons dealers and British secret agents.  Mostly, I plan on relaxing with Micah by the pool, reading a bunch, and learning how to sail the 2-person catamarans they have on the hotel waterfront. 

After going on these award trips in the past, I can say that I now truly understand the definition of "incentive."  These trips are like nothing I would ever pay for myself and soooooo amazing. 


6 comments:

Peder said...

Literal waves of jealousy are coming from me. Have a great time!

meredith said...

my ability to be happy for someone going to an island when it's so far below freezing is gone. I'd be mean to you but I'm too cold to go anywhere and be mean. I guess ttthhhppppptttttt will just have to do. Have a safe trip. It's the nicest thing my jealousy will allow me to say.

BTW- my verification word is tudes. Even the computer knows my attitude towards your trip is bad.

Nessa said...

When you get back you'll have to title your post...'Just Happy to Be THERE!'
I'm trying really hard not to hate you right now!:)

Steve said...

I am actually half convinced not to blog about the trip in order to spare my life when I next see Meredith, but I am so excited to go I'll risk it...

meredith said...

I wouldn't kill you Steve.... maybe stick oreos to your windows (I've heard if you lick them and stick them to a window they are there until spring....) or stick forks in your grass but it's too cold to go out and stick the oreos and your grass is under too much snow, so you're probably safe- at least for now........

Heather said...

That is awesome! It will be so nice to get away just the two of you before the baby comes. Have fun and take lots of pictures so we can see how cool it really was!