Sunday, January 4, 2009

Getting Fit - I hope...

I joined a "Get Fit" team this week.  This is a community event where teams all weigh in and compete to lose weight from January through March every year.  I must say that I am on a very strong team as despite my very pathetic physical condition and surplus 30 LB, I am the smallest guy on the team.  We have a lot of potential for weight loss.  

We are kicking it off right, too.  Before our weigh in on Tuesday morning, we are doing a team breakfast ordering the big boy breakfast platters at Perkins.    

6 comments:

Nessa said...

I have always found that a HUGE breakfast from Perkin's is a great way to lose weight...or induce cariac arrest! Good luck to you and your team! Keep us updated!

meredith said...

Good luck Steve, we'll be cheering you on!!!!

Heather said...

You can do it! I have big plans too (as soon as the baby comes that is). Randy has been losing a lot of weight, but he isn't trying at all. It is weird. you should do that; it seems like the easiest way to go.

meredith said...

BTW- do they really have a "Big Boy " breakfast on the menu? Start you breakfast at home with a baby aspirin or 2. I always try and get Shawn to do that before a $1 Menu Event b/c it just makes me feel better. :)

Steve said...

I tried to convince the team to do the 1 McD's challenge before weigh in, but since the weigh in was at 10 AM, nobody was feeling like a hamburger, cheeseburger, chicken mcnuggets, fries, etc that early...

meredith said...

but did you take the aspirin?????