Thursday, June 4, 2009

Keepin' It Real

Today we're taking a break from our regularly scheduled cute baby photos. Instead we'll highlight the other realities of having a newborn in the house. Sure, there is lots of cheek nibbling and general baby inhaling, but there are also mountains of neglected items that are growing around me.

End of school year papers:


Laundry (some clean, some dirty, very little actually hanging in closets):


Camping supplies from the boys' excursion last weekend and presents that need Thank You notes written:


And, of course, dishes, dishes, and more dishes:


Don't get me wrong--I'll take all of it, but this is a more accurate vision of what our life looks like right now. And, of course, I'm trying to tackle all these mountains with this little one in my arms: (you didn't think I could really resist at least one cute baby picture)

And just think, we didn't even discuss sleep deprivation . . .

4 comments:

H. Wimmer said...

You are wonder Woman because I can bearly keep up with house hold items and I only have two you have 6...you are WONDER WOMAN

Heather said...

I love the cute baby picture and I also love that even Micah has a messy house sometimes. I am having trouble keeping up with our laundry as of late. How do you do it with eight people? I can pretty much keep most of our clothes clean, it is the folding and putting away that is the trouble.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

I love the pictures - all the color and interest but of course the favorite in that doll. Oh how cute she is.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

I love the picture of you and the baby, it is such a sweet picture. The house can wait but she won't.