Sunday, June 7, 2009

Our Boy is Eleven!

How in the world did he go from this . . .




to this . . .


Today we celebrated Connett turning eleven (yikes!) with first breakfast in bed (Mom might have forgotten it was fast Sunday).


Then tonight we enjoyed a new version of the cookie cake--two layers with frosting in the middle. I think it was generally agreed that the frosting might have been a bit much.


All the boys are excited about the Pokemon DS game Connett got for his present.


I love this boy so much. I love how helpful and obedient he is. I love how much he loves to read, and learn. I love how genuine and sincere he is. I love how wonderful he is (most of the time) with his siblings, especially the younger ones. I love his powerful testimony. I am so grateful that he's a part of our family.



Eliza wishes Connett "Happy Birthday", too.

3 comments:

H. Wimmer said...

Happy Birthday Connett!!! I remember when you guys bought him up to Ricks and he was so tiny!!! I can't believe he is already 11

Haylee said...

Happy Birthday Connett. We should never forget your birthday since it's on the same day as Nate. I can't believe how fast they grow up either. The cakes looks wonderful. I alos love the picture of Eliza.

Heather said...

It's hard not to put a cute picture of your sweet girl on every post isn't it. I have the same problem. so are you gonna give us the recipe to the cookie cake you make? I would love to try it and since I don't think you are going to make it for me anytime soon, I may as well try it myself. Happy Birthday Connett. So BIG!