On Monday we went to the Dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, UT. It bills itself as the largest dinosaur museum in the United States. I assume that means they are knocking off Chicago and the Smithsonian as those museums have more than just dinosaurs, but I don't know for sure. It is a great museum and the kids had a great time (see photo of them pretending to run from the T-Rex that is chasing them - and they haven't even seen Jurassic Park yet). We also went to the 3-D Imax film on Dinosaurs of the Patagonia, which made me a bit sick to my stomach by the end of it.
After the dinosaur museum, Micah went shopping and I took the kids to get the oil change for the van (it will need another one pretty soon after all that driving). We were ahead of our schedule as we had expected to stay at museum a lot longer, so we then drove around South of campus and showed the kids where we used to live when we were in college, etc., Then we hit Brick Oven for dinner. It was packed full due to Education Week, but we only had to wait 15-20 minutes. I remember in college I always thought it was an expensive place to eat, but once you actually have a regular income, the price seemed pretty reasonable. Micah and I loved walking (and eating) down memory lane, and the kids were really good sports about it. We had sometime so we headed up to BYU to walk around campus. We went into the new JFSB and were shocked at how beautiful and huge it is compared to the old Smith Family Living Center (acronym left out on purpose). My old MDT building apparently was razed to the ground recently as where the KMB used to be was only a parking lot and a lot of fresh dirt. We took pictures of all the kids in front of the Brigham Young statue and told them we would take them again when they are freshman (hint, hint, Mommy & Daddy want you to go to BYU). We got kicked out the the DeJong Concert Hall when I was showing the kids where Daddy used to do plays. I told FSB-lady I would just sneak them in the back halls I always used as a student, but she wasn't interested. The kids spent a good amount of time rolling down the library hill and then we finally left around 9 PM.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment