Saturday, September 20, 2008

Week In Review

I am sure this will be the most exciting part of my blog for all readers...

Sunday - I had the pleasure of teaching Sunbeams, which is made up of Claire, Claire, Abigail (mine), and Carson.  Carson is a mild mannered young man in most circumstances, but the combined energy of three girls who consider themselves cousins (two are) really give him pause.  And, for those who ma not believe my opening sentence, I really did love teaching Sunbeams.  It was very fun.  I taught in the classroom that used to be the ward library and has a split door.  The children ran in and closed the bottom half of the door and insisted I stay outside.  I agreed to do so if they would be reverent and stay in their chairs.  It was the best reverence tool I have come across yet.  They really didn't want me to come in so they stayed in their seats.  Claire (the niece/cousin of mine Claire) surprised me.  She is normally so reserved and shy around me.  Not in this class.  Perhaps Abby and Claire make her comfortable or perhaps she is just getting more outgoing.  Anyway, the little girl who normally turns her head away from me told me to stop talking so she could finish her story, enforced it by putting her hand over my mouth when I interrupted her again, and eventually gave me a huge hug when she left.  It beats teaching High Priests quorum.  

Monday - I worked out with Micah Monday morning using a aerobic weightlifting video.  I hurt the rest of the week.  Normal work day, and then off to Rochester in the evening for Mom & Dad's setting apart as Missionaries.  Gideon explained that "Setting Apart" meant Grandpa would be set apart  from Grandma and one would go to Iceland and one stay here.  I said close, it means they would be "set apart" from normal people as missionaries.  David and I participated in giving both Mom & Dad the blessing.  And, as required after all family church activities, we went to Ice Cream afterward.    

Tuesday - Worked out with Micah using a step aerobics video.  I will probably opt for jogging or something in the future.  Not a step fan.  Worked in the office and then drove to Chicago for a customer meeting.  I finished listening to a Clive Cussler book on tape I started on my last drive.  I always pick these because they are clean and have almost no swearing, which I find incredibly harder on my ears then when I come across it in a book I am reading.  However, the plot was pretty bad and the conclusion rushed and cheezier than normal.  

Wendesday - Customer meeting with good success.  Dinner at the Weber Grill restaurant.  One of the best NY Strips I have had in a long time.  

Thursday - Worked in the hotel in the morning and then drove the 6 hours home.  I love driving through LaCrosse and the river valley.  I always stop at the rest stop there and get out for a few minutes to look over the river.  

Friday - Worked all day and watched TV with Peter until he fell asleep on the couch.  I love it, but it probably is not a great habit for a 18-month old to develop.  Often when I sit down on the couch for anything, he grabs the remote and comes and plops himself in my lap.  He was very cute last night.  He would point and jab my arm and make a face and say "love you."  Such a cutie.  

Saturday - today.  I played basketball in the morning and need to get my Sunbeams lesson ready, among many many other things.  It is nice just to be home though.  

And finally, no blog post is really done without a photo.  This is Peter on vacation.  He decided he had had enough of his car seat.  He got in the passenger front seat, buckled the seatbelt, and said "drive, drive." 

No comments: