Friday, September 26, 2008

Week In Review

Monday was a long day at work as I seemed to come down with what Micah had.  I made it through the day, but crashed pretty hard at home that evening. 

Tuesday I didn't feel much better but had to get a bunch of stuff at work done for two customer meetings. 

Wednesday I drove to Eau Claire, WI for a customer meeting.  What a gorgeous drive.  You drive all back roads through Wabasha, MN, cross the Mississippi, drive along the river and wetlands for a while, and then cruise through rolling Wisconsin.  Seriously, why did George Hormel stop in Austin?  Supposedly he said it was the most beautiful place he had seen.  He must have come up through central Iowa.  

After my customer meeting in Eau Claire, I had to drive to Kansas City for a meeting Thursday morning.  I would normally not put in 11 hours of driving in a single work day, but I had planned to drive to KC from Austin since it is faster than flying but then the Eau Claire meeting came up too late to buy a flight from Minneapolis.  I was a long drive, but I had a good book on tape.   

I took Paige out for dinner that evening (see previous post for exciting details), did a Thursday morning meetings, and then drove home Thursday afternoon to arrive around 8:30 PM.  A friend from Church had an early release copy of the Iron Man DVD that the Elder's Quorum was getting together to watch at his house.  I crashed the party for about 30 minutes and loved every second of the most powerful home stereo system I have ever seen.  You could feel the movie better than hear it.  

Today is Friday and I had a long day at work as this cold won't go away and I felt pretty wiped out.  Got a lot done though.  I stopped by Lisa's house to wish her a Happy Birthday after work and headed home.  Micah's parents are visiting this weekend so we are enjoying their company.  Earlier, I came home for lunch and Bobby was in his car getting out a wide-brimmed hat and said all landscapers need one.  I insisted he shouldn't work on my yard, but when he pulled out his own clippers and shears that he brought with him from St. Louis, I gave up.  I haven't seen the finished product yet, but I am sure the bushes look great.

No comments: