Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Wife the ChiliMaster

I signed up a few weeks ago to participate in the Ward Chili Cook-Off activity this weekend.  However, by the time I got home at 10 PM Thursday night from Denver, I didn't have it in me to try and come up with anything.  My sweet lovely wife had already purchased all the ingredients and was planning to make some Chili for the party in my place.   

I showed up at the activity just to eat and then go back to work, but it was fun and I stayed for awhile.  Great job to the Activities Committee for working hard and doing a great job.  All of the chilis were very tasty.  And, Micah's was the best.  She won a movie theater gift card (I think Bonnie was in charge of the prize...).  

Benjamin and I spent a good amount of time at dinner tonight trying to convince Mom to take one of us to the movies with her.  Benjamin finally conceded since if Mom took Dad, they would get a babysitter.  However, I don't think he realizes that not all babysitters let them stay up watching TV until Mom and Dad get home.  Grandpa Bremner is in Iceland and won't be able to babysit for awhile.  :)

5 comments:

meredith said...

Micah's chili was the best of all the chilis entered in the contest. She did a really great job.

Steve said...

Yes, I have to agree with you. My original plan was to steal her recipe as a base and then dump all kinds of red, yellow, and orange bell peppers in it and chunks of onions, etc., I would have probably just ruined it though.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Hey whats wrong with a little late night TV! Micah will have to treat us to her chili - Oh what am I saying - winning first place it must have been too hot for me!

meredith said...

Actually Micah's chili wasn't overly spicy. I hate anything that just tastes hot. Her's was really good. It tasted season but did not burn in anyway. That's part of why it won. It's easy to make a hot chili w/o real flavor. I think it's fas harder to make a flavorful chili that's not using heat to mask it. Before you think I'm overpraising, I would like to say that i personally thought that Shawn's was the best chili, but he was disqualified for being a spouse of a judge. :) (Not that I'm biased or anything...)

Heather said...

You will have to pass along the "secret recipe" to me then. I won second place last year with Gonnie's chili recipe which I LOVE! we don't win anything really cool, just the chili cook off trophy pig, to be passed along to the winner next year.