Here is my recommendation those of you who are dragging your feet on downloading Skype to talk to Mom & Dad. It works fantastically. The kids all gather around the computer and get to talk and see their grandparents in Iceland without any feedback. We have it on full screen and the resolution is just fine. It works great and beats passing the phone around to everyone (and is a heck of a lot cheaper as well).
I was in the office all week, which was a nice change. I have been traveling a couple of days every week since September. It is a bit crazy and the kids are starting to like it less and less. They frequently tell me they liked my old job better. They seem to prefer me gone for two weeks at a time over coming and going every couple of days. Two weeks ago I was away all week and got home Friday night after everyone was asleep. I kissed them all to be Saturday night and told them I would see them Wednesday because I had to leave Sunday morning before they woke up. Gideon very angrily/sadly responded "you always leave!" At that moment I felt the same way.
Monday we did a Family Home Evening complete with Wii Tennis Tournaments and Chocolate Cake for Activity and Game. I have no memory of Tuesday night. Wednesday night we watched the debate (just about a date night for political junkies like Micah and me). Thursday night we watched TCU ruin any faint hopes of BYU playing in a BCS bowl this year. Friday night we went to Cade's birthday party. The cake was great, Cade didn't seem to get nearly the number of toy weapons he ussually gets, and Connett made me look bad at Guitar Hero. Saturday the boys "helped" me work on some yard work before I went to the Stake Conference Priesthood Leadership meeting. Today we had Stake Conference. The general session was at 2 PM. It was nice to sleep in on a Sunday morning for the first time in 6 months.
4 comments:
Shawn says, "hmmm maybe we should invite Steve over to play guitar hero a little more... or maybe rock band......."
let us know when you're ready to come over.....
SKM:mmm
I have been bombarded with multiple request to go and buy guitar hero every day since we played at Cade's party. I think I'll just come home with Rock Band one of these days and see what they all say.
It is hard on little ones to not have both parents around all the time but sometimes is a necessity and you do it. They will live through it but enjoy them when you are home because they won't be little very long as you know. Give that Gideon a kiss for his grandma. Love Mom
Shawn wishes he had skipped rock band and waited for guitar hero 4.....just something to think about...
Post a Comment