I decided that we needed to save the company money for our bi-annual district sales planning meeting this Fall. Last April we all flew to Chicago, incurring airfare and hotel charges, and worked in the hotel conference room and Chicago office. We also spent some money on R&R and went to the Chicago Blackhawks vs. Detriot Red Wings hockey game one night as well.
With the economy the way it is and commodity prices continuing to climb, we saved money by holding the planning meeting at the lake house of one of the managers on our team. So we all drove down to Lake of the Ozarks and stayed for free at his home on the lake. Alas, no money (or options) for a big professional sporting event, so we skipped the traditional half-dayR&R activities that are typically a part of a meeting like that.
We did find a few minutes here and there to get away from our laptops though. It was my first time waterskiing in 20 years after I went for it once in high school and never got up on the skis. It took a couple of tries this time, but I got up and flew around the lake for quite awhile. I could barely walk for the next four days though.
I promise this picture was taken after 5 PM.
1 comment:
Who came up with the idea to go to the lake house and whose house is it? The company got to give an award to whoever came up with the idea. Sure beats AGI's $400,000 retreat after the government bailed them out. Shows why Hormel has lasted all these years.
Post a Comment