Thursday, October 30, 2008

New Places

One thing that has been fun about my new job (a year old now) is that I am getting to see a lot of places in the US I have never been to before. It feels a little strange for me to say that about going to Cleveland and Pittsburgh since my last job took me to Singapore and Seoul, but it is surprisingly true and has been very fun. This week I have flown to both coasts in last minute meetings for a new business segment I am working on. To keep the air fares down I have been arriving to my destination at midnight each night (including tonight when I get back to Minneapolis at midnight).

Today I was in Knoxville, TN for my first time and it is a very beautiful area. It is very hilly and bordered by what I assume are the Appalachian Mountains. I flew through Charlotte, NC each way, but I can't count that as my first time in Charlotte since I never left the airport.

Next week I am off to Dallas (2nd time - not all that exciting...) and then no travel plans for a few weeks after that, but that won't last long.

1 comment:

meredith said...

But have you been to Boston yet? Because, really you haven't seen this great country until you've been there.....