Saturday, July 11, 2009

Abby's Song

Abby caught me singing a song today that wasn't about her (I was humming/singing "Jesus, Savior Pilot Me" right after prepping the song choices for Sacrament meeting on Sunday). She was surprised and offended as I have told her many times that every song I sing is about her (and now about her and Eliza). That one comment has paid dividends over and over as Abby comes and asks me to sing a song about her, or wraps her little arms around me and smiles when she hears me just walking around and singing in the house.

After she caught me singing a song not about her today, she decided that she would write a song for me to sing about her and Eliza. It is not finished yet, but she wrote a couple of lines and I faked my way through a basic melody. Then she wanted me to play it and sing it on the piano. So, here is the first (and very rough) cut of "Abby's Song."


5 comments:

H. Wimmer said...

Ok so that was so sweet and cutie!! I totally miss you guys!!

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Tell Abby to keep up the writing she may have a hit in the making - at least with her grandparents.

Haylee said...

How sweet! I think the song is great.

Heather said...

So sweet! Randy makes up songs too, but they have been mostly silly songs to make us laugh. Steve, you are such a good daddy.

Micah said...

Heather, Most of Steve's are goofy, too. But, they all make Abigail swoon anyway.