After Sacrament meeting I filled in as a last minute substitute teacher for the 7-8 year old Primary class. That actually went pretty well. They are a very rambuncious class - even JT admits that his class is a bit too loud - but they are great children. It probably helped that I was too sleepy to try and talk above them so they finally agreed to a reverence game so we could finish the lesson 10 minutes early and then go run around outside for the last 10 minutes of class.
However, I hit the wall after church when I had to count tithing. I kept reversing numbers and having to correct mistakes, so I was actually surprised the count balanced out - a testimony to the well designed donations software. After counting tithing, Brett and I had to work a bit more on some other administrative work. After noticing me falling asleep while the tithing report was transmitting, Brett suggested I go relax while he wrote out a few checks and transmitted a report. I laid down on the sofa in the foyer to close my eyes for a few seconds and the next thing I knew it was 45 minutes or so later and Brett was trying to wake me up to do the bank deposit. Thanks Brett for letting me crash. It was the only nap I was going to get today.
2 comments:
Brett was probably trying to get you out of the way so he could get the work done so he could go home sooner.
He didn't even say anything about it. =D
Post a Comment