Friday, July 3, 2009

A Sad Day

Wednesday marked a sad day in our life. Well, my life. Micah is quite happy. We have cancelled cable. My beautiful, HD, DVR, movies-on-demand cable service - now gone. At least the kids were sad with me.

The silver lining is that we are now cable TV bill free. In addition, we bought a VOIP box and no longer have a phone bill either. We went from the Cable/Telephone/Internet bundle down to just the internet - and saved a bundle.

I bought a HDTV Antenna to pick up the local digital HD stations. It works fine and ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and about 10 variations of PBS come through clear. I watched those channels mostly anyways, so it was silly to be paying the cable company for them. Oh, but how I miss my DVR. I only watched 1-2 hours of TV a week at the most, but it was what I wanted to watch when I wanted to watch it.

With all this money we are saving, I might have to get an HD TIVO...


5 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

good for you just get you ready for a senior mission, TV is not existent as it is all in Icelandic with one Sky News channel from Britain. Just think of the nice trip you can take on all that money you save.

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

Thanks for doing what I was planning to try when we got home. Glad to know we can use a HDTV antenna in Austin. The blessings will be more than just material.

Peder said...

Be strong, buddy. It gets easier with time.

H. Wimmer said...

At lest you can watch Burn Notice online :)

meredith said...

feel free to sneak over here and watch to your hearts content....we won't tell